- Body & Gym Posts
- 13 Nov, 2019
The Chin Up is an excellent exercise for wide back muscles and your biceps. You hold the bar privately and pull yourself up. Because of this position of your hands, the exercise is slightly less strenuous than the normal pull up and your biceps help a little more.
- Keep your body straight, your shoulders low, and your shoulder blades back.
- Tighten your belly properly to prevent you from waving.
Correct execution is crucial for maximum results. Pay attention to the points below to ensure this:
- Make sure that you raise fully until your chin is above the bar, and that you lower your arms until you reach a full ROM (range of motion).
- Make sure that you do not drop yourself, but drop in a controlled manner so that tension remains on your muscles.
- Tighten your back and biceps for a second before lowering yourself again.
Muscle strength or muscle growth?
The pull-up is a compound exercise, which means that you can aggravate the exercise without much risk of injury. Strengthening the exercise is good for improving your muscle strength and provides more results. The explanation of compound exercise is incorrect
If your goal is to build muscle power, you better do multiple sets where you CANNOT until failure, because you train your nervous system to become stronger. While you better can train to failure if you want more muscle growth, because this activates your muscle fibers more.