- Body & Gym Posts
- 10 Nov, 2019
This not only one of the best known, but also one of the best exercise for your glutes. You can usually use the most weight in this exercise, but it can still be effective with lower weights. The hip thrust can be combined well with the squat and the deadlift for a strong and well-developed lower body.
- Make sure that the exercise feels comfortable. The bench (or the elevation) should feel comfortable for your upper back, and the bar should not hurt your pelvis.
- Keep your feet flat on the floor and point them slightly out so that your knees are in a natural position.
- Push the bar up from your heels, tighten your stomach well, and keep your back straight. Also in the end position you must keep your back straight so that you do not stretch it.
The relatively heavy weight that you can use with the hip thrust can be at the expense of your performance. So do not go too heavy if you are not yet well under control of the movement.
- Tighten your buttocks well and squeeze them together in the end position
- Go as high as possible without bending your back. It is important that you keep your back straight and do not stretch it.
- Lower the bar in a controlled manner. You can lower it to just above the ground or all the way to the ground, as long as you do this in a controlled manner.
3 Products to improve your training
NOX - Explosive Pre-Workout