- Body & Gym Posts
- 04 Dec, 2019
One of the best known trapezius exercises that you can easily practice during your back or shoulder workout. It has a relatively easy implementation and is still very effective for training your traps.
- Look straight up and do not lean your head forward. Also keep your head still throughout the entire set.
- Raise your shoulders straight, not forward or backward.
- Keep your back straight and tighten your stomach so that you have a good posture during the exercise.
- Don't let the weights hang on your arms in the starting position, but tighten your shoulders slightly so that you really lift the weights.
Although this is such a popular exercise, many people unfortunately still have a faulty performance during this exercise. This can be bad for your backbone and is also at the expense of the maximum result.
- Hold your shoulders briefly in the upper position and tighten your traps properly. This is crucial for optimum results.
- Don't let your shoulders fall at once, but do this in a controlled manner.
Type of weight
You can use different types of weights with the shrug, such as dumbbells, kettlebells, hex bars, two barbells, and more. Do what you like best, as long as you can maintain good posture and you can use the correct execution.